KCRW’s Jason Bentley will again moderate the conference, organized by Insomniac Events and scheduled for June 18-20 at the Cosmopolitan.
New panelists announced today include DJs Pete Tong, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Dash Berlin and Dirty South, agents Sam Kirby (WME), Maria May (CAA) and Matt Rodriquez (AM Only), managers Stephanie LaFera (Little Empire Music) and Matt Colon (Deckstar)and Beatport CEO Matt Adell.
These speakers join an already impressive list including Perry Farrell (Artist and Founder of Lollapalooza), Rob Light (Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, CAA), Marc Geiger (Head of Music, WME), James Barton (President, Live Nation Electronic Music), Shelly Finkel (Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment), Joel Zimmerman (Global Head of Electronic Music, WME), Lee Anderson (Agent, AM Only) and many others (complete list below).
Conference attendees will also be treated to complimentary admission to some of Las Vegas’s best nightclubs, including Lavo, Marquee, Surrender, TAO, Tryst, and others, featuring performances from ATB, Avicii, Dash Berlin, Dirty South, Morgan Page, Nero, Rusko and many more. Thursday night’s closing night party at the Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Pool will feature a performance by Infected Mushroom.
Attendees will also receive complimentary admission to Thursday night’s Bassrush Massive show at Orleans Arena.
Conference registration is still open. Registration is $499.
2013 EDMbiz Agenda Topics and Discussions
On the Beat | EDM Press: From mainstream to independent media, our panel of journalists will discuss some the greatest challenges and most compelling storylines emerging from EDM culture today.
Growth & Investment: Leading money managers and financiers talk growth potential and key investment opportunities in dance music and peripherally associated businesses.
Content is King: More than most genres, EDM dominates the digital space. What are the best strategies for generating original content, and how can you monetize content online?
Festivals of the Future: Leading festival promoters and talent reps discuss the latest trends in the field, along with innovations and challenges in the festival arena.
EDM’s Place at the Grammys: What does the Recording Academy do? How do you submit music for awards consideration?How do you become a member? Panelists will also discuss the DJ AM Memorial Fund, and forthcoming documentary on his life.
Let’s Hug It Out | Agents in EDM: Top talent agents discuss their role in developing artists and helping shape the live music space. How do they identify talent, prioritize their roster and assess the best bookings for their clients?
An Introduction to AFEM, the Association for Electronic Music: Find out why the world of EDM needs a global advocacy group to help push the culture forward. AFEM—a future alliance for future music.
Adventures in Clubland: Key players from the nightlife industry discuss best practices and strategy for growth. How does a nightclub stay relevant? How do different markets compare?
The Greatest Night of Your Life: This panel examines the grassroots passion behind successful events and spotlights one of the most important, yet often overlooked, components of a thriving music scene—the fan. Panelists will also offer a preview of the EDC documentary with directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.
2013 EDMbiz Panelists
· Neil Ackland, CEO and Founder, inthemix.com
· Matthew Adell, CEO, Beatport
· Afrojack, Artist/DJ/Producer
· JilaAlaghamandan, Entertainment Director, Insomniac
· Lynn Albers, COO, Spark! Productions Chicago
· Lee Anderson, Agent, AM Only
· Steve Aoki, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Katie Bain, Senior Music Writer, LA Weekly
· Doug Barry, Managing Director, Selby Ventures and Artist Capital Group
· James Barton, President, Live Nation Electronic Music
· Jason Bentley, Music Director, KCRW radio (Moderator)
· John Boyle, Chief Growth Officer and Interim CFO, Insomniac
· Bunny, Creative Director, Insomniac
· Todd Chaffee, General Partner, Institutional Venture Partners
· Costas Charalambous, SVP, SBENightlife
· Senthil Chidambaram, CEO, Dancing Astronaut
· Ted Cohen, Managing Director, TAG Strategic
· Matt Colon, Partner / Manager, Deckstar
· Dan Cutforth, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
· Dash Berlin, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Eddie Dean, Owner, Pacha New York
· Dirty South, Artist/DJ/Producer
· Bruce Eskowitz, COO, Red Light Management
· Ari Evans, Founder and CEO, Less Than 3
· Perry Farrell, Artist and Founder, Lollapalooza
· Shelly Finkel, Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment
· Bill Freimuth, VP of Awards, Grammys
· Marc Geiger, Head of Music, William Morris Endeavor
· Geronimo, Director of Programming Electronic/Dance Format, Sirius XM
· Seth Goldstein, CEO, DJZ
· Martin Gontad, Producer, Creamfields Argentina
· Steve Goodgold, Agent, The Windish Agency
· Steve Gordon, Owner, Circle
· Allan Hardenberg, CEO, Alda Events (A State of Trance, Armin Only, I Am Hardwell)
· JasjaHeijboer, Owner, Ace Agency
· Chris Kantrowitz, Founder and CEO, Gobbler
· Kevin Kerslake, Director, DJ AM Documentary
· Sam Kirby, Agent, WME
· Stephanie LaFera, Owner, Little Empire Music
· Simon Rust Lamb, Esq., COO and General Counsel, Insomniac
· Mikhail LaPushner, CEO and Founder, OneBeat
· Vivien Lewit, Director Content Partnerships Music, YouTube
· Rob Light, Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, Creative Artists Agency
· Jane Lipsitz, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
· Ryan Mac, Reporter, Forbes
· Kerri Mason, GM, inthemix.com and Contributor,Billboard
· Maria May, Agent, CAA
· Daniel Mendoza, Regional Manager, Chapter Operations, Grammys
· Liz Miller, General Manager, Big Beat/Atlantic
· Neil Moffitt, CEO, Angel Management Group (Hakkasan)
· David Moricca, Founder and CEO, Mixify
· Kurosh Nasseri, Attorney at Law and Co-Founder, Association for Electronic Music
· Josh Neuman, Co-Founder, Complete Control/Recreation Worldwide/THUMP
· Sarah Polonsky, Senior Editor, Vibe
· Gary Richards, CEO, HARD Events
· Matt Rodriguez, Agent, AM Only
· Pasquale Rotella, CEO, Insomniac
· Edward Shapiro, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
· Todd Sims, CEO, Flavorus
· Rick Stevens, CEO, Y Entertainment Group (Ron Burkle’s music investment arm)
· Jason Strauss, Managing Partner, TAO Group
· Tommie Sunshine. Label Owner, Brooklyn Fireand Writer, Huffington Post
· Mike Tunnicliffe, Chief Growth Officer, GroupM/WPP
· Ben Turner,Director, Graphite and Co-founder, Association for Electronic Music
· Hunter Williams, Agent, CAA
· Joel Zimmerman, Global Head of Electronic Music, William Morris Endeavor
· Brian Zisk, Managing Director, SF MusicTech Fund and Executive Producer, SF MusicTech Summit